Saturday, October 1, 2011

Showered with LOVE (and many pictures)

WEEK 6

House news: 

The LVL's arrived and we have the ceiling back in the front room of the house. The majority of the house was framed this week. Replacing windows and the start of wiring the electrical for the house is the next step. Jim and I shopped for tile for the kitchen backsplash and the three bathrooms as well as granite for the kitchen. After looking at endless options for tile we are probably going with various shades of white subway tile. It seems to be the only thing we like or can agree on. I have come to the realization that I pretty much don't care for 99% of tile and granite and want to keep it simple and get "crazy" in other places.

The ceiling is back!

The infamous LVL's that held up progress for a week

Bricking over a window



Looking toward the back of the house

Jim in a warehouse of granite

Oh yeah, we bought a new (used) car! A 2006 Lexus hybrid (RX 400h). I love the way it drives!


Baby news:

Friends Baby Shower



The decor was creative and beautiful
The food was gourmet and delicious
I had to cheat and have a red velvet cupcake
Myself with the best hostesses: Kathryn & Renee'
The game we played was fun and creative. By the way, chugging from a baby bottle is hard work!
I am so lucky to have such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment