Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hurry up and wait

WEEK 5

House news:
NOTHING was done to the house this week. Sometimes you have to hurry up and wait which is exactly what is happening. LVL's (laminated veneer lumbar) were ordered this week and further work on the house cannot be done until these arrive.

I finally took a look at all the brick work done to the house this past week and was really impressed with the work. In the back of the house a wall was taken down so a sliding glass door leading to a deck/the back yard could be put in place. The left over brick was used to fill in windows that we wanted to get rid of.

I read more positive news happening around our new neighborhood this week. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel introduced a $16 million dollar plan to build four new boathouses along the Chicago River. The boat houses will include concessions and bike/canoe/kayak rentals. One of the four chosen locations for a boathouse is River Park...steps away from our new house!
Boathouse information:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/7751363-417/rahm-emanuel-city-to-build-boathouses-on-chicago-river.html
River Park:
http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/parks.detail/object_id/f1c70683-18ad-4f6d-857a-736d769bebe5.cfm

Baby news:
I met with the endocrine specialist again this week and got retested and PASSED. Now I just have to eat the way I have been for the past two weeks (more protein and easy on the carbs) and I should be fine. No finger pricks or insulin injections!

Jim and I completed class number 3 out of 3 of "Great Expectations". We got a tour of the hospital's facilities which were overall impressive. We have one more class: CPR and infant safety.

I had my first baby shower this past weekend hosted by Kathryn and Renee'. Pictures to come in the next post.

On a totally random note:
Jim and I have decided that our baby may be destined to be an ugly baby (but then turn cute) because we were both ugly babies. I maintain that baby Jim was a tad more ugly than myself as a baby. Jim thinks the other way around. You decide!

Melissa
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment