Monday, October 24, 2011

So many decisions

Week 9

House news:
The beginning of the installation of electrical wiring, insulation, plumbing & HVAC (heat/ventilation/air conditioning) all began at once this week. We still don't have windows which is preventing the progress of putting anything too valuable into the house. Up until this point we have gone to various tile/granite/kitchen/bath places to "get inspired" but now we have to make up our minds and give our final decisions. We ordered all of our plumbing fixtures and had to return the refrigerator we bought and buy a new one that will fit into our new and improved kitchen plan. I have to hand it to Jim because he has been putting a huge amount of  time and effort in researching the best deals and running them by me. Lately I have been too exhausted to stop in more than one tile place with out feeling like I need a hour nap after. Jim wins husband of the year award for piecing our house together all while putting up with my hormonal crabbiness.Overall, we are getting through this process with out any arguments but I do predict that we are going to butt heads when it comes time to pick out the pendant lighting we want for the front door walk-in area and above the island in the kitchen....of all things!

Still no windows and luckily no squatters
Framed out front room windows


Honey, could you please clean up around here!
Let there be light!


HVAC & Plumbing


Insulation to keep us warm during the brutal Chicago winters

Soon to be sweet master suite: looking into master bathroom straight ahead; closet to the left




Jim giving the master shower a trial run
The reality is that currently this is the house's only bathroom


Baby news:
I am 36 weeks pregnant. Only one more month to go until my due date and one more week until I am considered full-term. This past weekend, my mother-in-law, Sheryl, threw me a very special baby shower. I am so grateful for all the love, support and generosity everyone has shown me. I believe I now have everything I will need when this baby arrives!


My mother-in-law has a great sense of decorating style
AND is creative and crafty: inside are Fannie May candy bars that I am trying not to eat
Delicious cupcakes made by my talented baker/sister-in-law Kristi
Opening all my generous gifts
I am so blessed to have such a great group of women to call family and share my life with




No comments:

Post a Comment