Week 8
House news:
It has been TWO months since we closed on our house. If you are on the outside looking in you see a house with no windows or walls (you would not be able to sing "Get Low" in this house...bad joke).
From the inside you can see a lot of work has been accomplished:
Week 1 & 2: the house is totally gutted
Week 3 & 4: masonry work (bricking over windows)
Week 5: the inside of the house is reframed
Week 6: support beams (LVL's) are put in place
Week 7: windows are removed and reframed
This week (Week 8) marked the start of plumbing the house. It's good to see material other than plywood being added to the house. Back in week one Jim and I met with a kitchen designer to attempt to finalize what cabinets to order. This week we realized that this plan needs to be thrown out our windowless windows. This coming week the electrician is coming to wire the house. It seems like things are finally moving quicker...all at once! I did not have a chance to get to the house this week to take pictures but I promise to post some next week.
Baby news:
I am in full nesting mode! We finally picked up the crib and dresser. The crib was put into our storage downstairs. The dresser and changing table have been cramed into our guest bedroom. I have washed, organized and put away into the new dresser all of the 0-6 months baby clothing. I cleared a corner of our bedroom to place the bassinet where the baby will "sleep". I have 5 more weeks until my due date but I have already mentally packed a suitcase for the hospital. People have asked me if my nursery is all ready and I laugh and tell them "my nursery currently is with out walls".
Besides my burst of nesting energy I am overall feeling exhausted. Just the thought of commuting to work (much less working a full work day) exhausts me. My feet are starting to swell but not yet my hands. I had a doctor's visit and the baby's heart beat is at 130 beats per minute and is measuring to be right where he should be.
Hang in there and and just do the best you can at work (this is not the time to over achieve)...you are carrying a baby ;) My hands never really got swollen until the last week. You are in the home stretch!!!
ReplyDeleteAre those dresser drawers ready for more clothes? I have bins and more bins to give you :)
ReplyDelete