Sunday, November 6, 2011

False labor

WEEK 11

House news:
Everything is coming along. Jim has decided to wire the house for surround sound himself and with another guy that in the past helped him set up Merkles and Bad Dog.  He has to work quick though because we were told that dry wall is scheduled to be put up the week before Thanksgiving...only one week away! The windows are scheduled to arrive this week and will take 2 days to install.

The backyard

View of the backyard and the back of the house


Our long driveway... plenty of room for guests :)



Baby news:
This past Monday (Halloween) my co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower that they called a "shower-een celebration". I had pizza, cake and lots of baby presents (baby video monitor, boppy pillow/cover, hand-made knitted blanket, nursing cover...lot's of love). I am so lucky to work with such thoughtful and supportive people. I am realizing that I will actually miss work when I am on maternity leave (who knew?). 

Happy Halloween and "Showereen" from AthletiCo at the Millenium Park bean




False alarm
On Saturday night I started to feel more frequent and painful Braxton-Hicks-like contractions around 10 p.m. I was able to fall asleep only to wake up at 1 a.m. in more pain and a feeling of nausea where I could not find a comfortable position. By 2 a.m. the contractions were approximately 8 minutes apart and lasting for 2 minutes. I called the doctor on call at the hospital and was told to try taking a warm bath to ease the pain of the contractions. I did this, which helped but as soon as I left the tub the contractions immediately got stronger. When my contractions were 6 minutes apart I called the doctor and she told me to come in when my contractions are less than 5 minutes apart or if I cannot take the pain. Overall I felt nauseous and could not get comfortable. At 4 a.m. I ran to the bathroom and threw up multiple times. I thought this would make me feel better but for the next 20 minutes my contractions proceeded to get stronger and more painful. I told Jim to get ready to take me to the hospital. We decided to time my contractions for a few more rounds before heading to the hospital and he timed 2-3 rounds when I FELL ASLEEP. I woke up this morning NOT in labor. I guess I must of ate something that made me sick and somehow triggered contractions. Today I am having a noticeably increased number of Braxton-Hicks contractions and feel for the first time like my body is getting ready. When I went to the doctor on Friday she predicted that I would NOT have this baby in the next week but then said "but what do I know...you could have this baby tomorrow". How's that for certainty?!

2 days shy of 38 weeks
Come on baby!



2 comments:

  1. You are all boobs and belly, which is good! Sounds like he'll be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded a contractions app on my phone. It worked great and kept the stats for me. Just an idea, but you are high tech so you probably already have it! :) You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete