Sunday, November 13, 2011

Window PAIN

Week 12

House news:
These windows are becoming the bane of our existence. The windows were ready to be delivered this week but won't be ready to be installed until early next week. The dry wall cannot go up until the windows are in which does not bode well for our time line. When the hardwood flooring is installed it will need a few days to just sit which means that practically nothing will get done in the house during those days. With the holidays coming up we are uncertain if moving into this house by Christmas is going to happen. I am not in a rush and in general I am taking a "go with the flow" attitude...I have no choice!

This past Friday I was off of work and Jim and I headed out to the suburbs to again look at granite, tile and vanities. I think we have made our FINAL decisions on everything...except the island granite. I think I mentioned before that this rehabbing experience has taught me that I hate 99% of tile and granite and absolutely hate shopping for it. Luckily I had a sudden burst of energy and was able to muscle through a 12 hour day of tile & granite madness. I did not take pictures of the house this week because there was nothing new and interesting to take. Hopefully next week I will have pictures of some windows!!!

Baby news:
11-11-11 has come and gone and no baby. Oh well. I have been sleeping pretty good at night so I am thankful for that. This coming week marks my last week of work if I do not have the baby before then.

I had a doctors appointment on Friday and my cervix is approximately 1-2 cm dilated which from my understanding can mean something or mean nothing. It's amazing what advancements medicine has made over the years but predicting more of an exact time of when a baby will arrive is NOT one of them. 

Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy my free time while I can. Truthfully I am just plain bored and physically uncomfortable. In fact I was so bored that I took pictures of my makeshift nursery that I have attempted to set up amidst the chaos (I took pictures of that too) that is our apartment right now.

The bassinet that Jim, all his siblings and all grandchildren have slept in

Dresser with washed 0-3 month baby clothes ready to go (and diaper genie to the left)
Changing table, boppy pillow and random assortment of baby paraphernalia in baskets


Comfy glider that I will spend many hours in
Collection of things bought off of Craigslist

My kitchen: another reason why I do not cook anymore these days


No comments:

Post a Comment