Monday, December 5, 2011

We have walls!

Week 14 & 15

House news:
The dry wall went up this past week. This was supposed to be put up the week before but could not get done because the dumpster was in the way...frustrating but par for the construction course! The floors will be the next thing to get done.

Formal dining room looking into butler's pantry and kitchen

Fireplace in front room

Great room adjacent to the kitchen
Sunroom/eatery off of kitchen and great room
Upstairs hallway: looking towards the front of the house

The nursery

NICO Week 1
Nico turned one week old this past week. What a difference a week makes! I finally feel like I am getting the hang of this motherhood thing. Overall I have been lucky to have a baby that sleeps all the time (takes after his father) and I hope this keeps up. I finally washed my hair, put on a little bit of make-up and ventured out into public this past week. Jim, Nico and I went to Target and Home Depot and the little guy slept the entire time. I was on pins and needles afraid that he would wake up screaming to be fed at any time.
We had our one week follow up visit with the pediatrician and she was impressed by how good he looked. Since our last visit with her a week ago he gained a whole pound and inch. I can't believe how fast he is growing!

Getting ready to brave Chicago's cold weather

Nico's first sponge bath...he was not a fan
Sleepy baby

1 comment:

  1. Cutest baby ever; I couldn't be happier for you guys!

    ReplyDelete