Sunday, December 18, 2011

Deck the halls (and walls and floors)!

Week 16 & 17

House news:
The progress on the house is speeding up just in time to slow back down for the holidays.
The dry wall is up and finished and the hardwood flooring has been laid down as well. Tiling the bathrooms began this past week. A few of our appliances were delivered and stored in the basement until they are ready to be installed. Wall finishes such as base boards, crown molding, wainscoting and coffered ceiling are next on the list to be accomplished. I am starting to go a little stir crazy in this Wrigleyville apartment as boxes filled with purchases from Craigslist and online stores for the house take over our living space. I am looking forward to the day we finally move into this house!

The floor which is yet to be sanded and stained (last thing to get done)

1st floor looking toward the front of the house
Grout less floor of the first floor bathroom
Upstairs bathroom: aka kid's bathroom


NICO Week 2 & 3
Week 2 and 3 of Nico's life have whizzed by. The other morning I woke up and looked at him and swore that he literally grew over night and even his face looked slightly different to me. I may be biased but he gets cuter by the day! 

2 weeks old!
3 weeks old!
I have my moments
Reflecting
Nico and I out to brunch at Bad Dog

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is getting so big! Glad the house is moving along a bit quicker. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete