Monday, March 12, 2012

Settling in


House:
We are finally settling into the house and have come up with long list of things we need still need to get. For the past two weeks Jim, Nico and I were on a mission to find a sectional couch for our back room, stools for our kitchen island and some freaking window treatments already! I think I hate shopping for couches almost as much as I hate shopping for tile. We saw butt ugly couches that were very comfy, pretty couches that were terribly uncomfortable and pretty and comfortable couches that were way too expensive. After sitting on what seemed like all couches ever made, we finally ordered a sectional from Walter E. Smithe (you dream it they build it). We will be able to enjoy our new couch and stools in 4-6 weeks. We have yet to order our window treatments so we continue to live in a fish bowl.
I took some pictures of our kitchen and Nico's nursery.
What I love about our new kitchen: slow-close cabinets (makes me slam cabinet doors outside of my house now), track lighting under cabinets, large and deep kitchen sink, double oven, 5 burner stove top, large refrigerator, kick pan to sweep crumbs into the central vacuum and drum roll...TWO dishwashers.




I found a shirt that Lauren got me a few years ago...




Dare I say that spring is here?

Nico: 3 1/2 months
Nico is getting more of a personality these days. He is making different noises, gaining dexterity with his hands, bringing everything to his mouth and rolling over. Nico still naps in his swing and when he wakes up he searches the room for me. When he finds me he gives me a big cheesy smile...it melts my heart!








2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Nico is getting so big! I need to come and see you guys soon. The house is looking amazing as well...can't wait to see the new furniture.

    ReplyDelete