Sunday, March 25, 2012

Discovery Channeling

Nico is 4 months old!
Our 4 month follow up appointment with the pediatrician was this past week.

Nico is: 
16 pounds 7 ounces (75 percentile)
26 inches long (85 percentile)
43.5 cm in head circumference (95 percentile)

I was worried that he was behind in the tummy time department (he's still not a fan) but the doctor seemed pleased with his motor development on this stomach. It must be hard to lift that 95 percentile head when he's on his belly! I was also told that I could try spoon feeding him some breast milk and if he does not stick out his tongue during this process we can progress to rice cereal mixed with milk. It appears that Nico is not ready for rice cereal because he definitely stuck his tongue out. He is enjoying mother's milk for now. 

Nico is becoming more interactive and it seems like he makes a new discovery each week. One week he discovered he can rasp (blowing spit bubbles) and did it non-stop for days. Nico is not a thumb sucker...he's a pointer finger sucker. He has discovered that he can suck on this one finger (instead of the whole fist) in the past few days. The other day he feel asleep with his pointer finger in his mouth...he looked like a caught fish. This past week Nico discovered that he can scream in delight. Again, he has been doing this all week for 30 minutes at a time. I took a video on my i-phone that captured all of the things he has discovered in the past 6 weeks. The video showed him eating his hands, rasping and screaming in delight. I discovered that Nico now loves being walked around in the bjorn. I have taken him for a few walks during this awesome weather we have been having. Nico takes in all the sights and loves the breeze blowing through his hair. He LOVES being outside...just like his mamma!

Lunch outside in March!


Nico is curious of the world around him


Mufasa always has to join the party


What a little man!

Loving the warm breeze

Spoon feeding some milk

Not quite ready to grow up...


House:
We still do not have our couch or stools. We have not ordered our window treatments either. I think we have been too busy enjoying the unseasonably warm temperatures rather than getting things done around the house. I am going to try to gather some before and after pictures in the next week or two so stay tuned. For now, Jim and I are loving and enjoying our house and making many meals in our new kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment