Saturday, January 7, 2012

Counter productive

Week 20

House news:
All of the finishes of the house are done. We decided not to put a coffered ceiling into our back room because it would require putting an awning over the entry to the back room thus closing off that space. At the end of this past week the painters began painting all of the finishes and will start with all the walls next week. Jim and I picked out the counter tops for both of the upstairs bathroom's. Let me just say that shopping for granite/counter tops is a close second of things I hate/feel tortured by (picking out tile is #1). I don't know what it is...maybe the fact that I lack imagination when it comes to designing a bathroom or the fact that I have expensive taste and have to be reeled back to reality time and again.
Jim, Nico and I made a trip to IKEA to mainly pick out handles for the kitchen cabinets and look at closet organizers and rugs. I carried Nico around on my hip because I felt bad keeping him in his infant seat all day. He was in heaven being jiggled around on my side and looking up at all the lights. I admit that I enjoyed all the compliments on my cute baby :)
 I believe the only thing that is scheduled to get done this week is painting. I can't wait to see how the colors will turn out!

Kitchen cabinets!
More cabinets
Even MORE cabinetry in the butler's pantry = storage heaven!

Back door
Wainscoting that needs to be painted in the formal dining room
Front (side) door
New siding for the house is being installed

NICO: 6 weeks
The many faces of Nico James Ammirati...


Smiley face
Chillax face
Cross-eyed face
Poopy face
Sleepy-angelic face
 
Gaining more head control with tummy time



Party on and keep the fist pump alive!

1 comment:

  1. I think Nico looks most like Jim when he's "chillaxin" :)
    Could he be any cuter?!?!

    ReplyDelete