Sunday, August 21, 2011
It's official!
Jim and I are home owners!
We closed on our money pit this past Thursday, August 18th. We are currently finalizing the floor plans with our architect and demolition guys are scheduled to tear up our new house on Monday, August 22nd. Jim, of course, has been in the house tearing down walls himself because he thinks it's "fun". Every time he tries to tell me about it I just say "be careful", "don't injure yourself...I need you!" and "why are you doing work we are paying people to do?"...I sound like a mother already!
Here is a list of the major work that needs to be done:
1. Gut 1/2 the house and the whole basement
2. Rewire the electrical of the entire house
3. Fix plumbing of the majority of the house
4. Replace windows: there are 37 windows (not including basement) which is awesome and a kick to the junk all at once
5. Knock down wall between kitchen and current master bedroom to make a wide open kitchen/great room area
6. Update bathrooms
7. Create a master suite (bedroom with bath and walk-in closet) upstairs using three bedrooms...yes I said THREE
8. Redormer 1/2 of the upstairs and create a new bedroom in the process (don't ask me how...trusting the architect on this one)
9. Future wire the house for audio-visual etc
10. Pick out appliances, counter tops, cabinets, light fixtures, faucets, shower heads, tile, flooring and probably more that I am forgetting. We have been doing this for the past 6 weeks.
AND THEN we have to decorate and furnish this house (with a newborn)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment